Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blueberry Smootie with Coconut water

So I was finally able to put my hands on Thai young coconuts, very difficult to find where I live and I don't have a car so someone went to Kim Phat in Brossard I believe and brought 2 back for me and I decided to make a smoothie I saw on FullyRaw Kristina at the link here.

First taste was good, but I'm a texture person and I should have stained the result of the coconut water with the almonds because I was never able to have more and a few sip, I just couldn't do it and put the rest of it in ice cubes so I can put it in other smoothies. UPDATE: after doing the recipe again but this time straining the pulp, istill don't like it. I guess i'm not a coconut water fan xD.

It was my first experience opening up that kind of coconut and with the help of a couple of video I had no problem, I was impressed on how much water is in there compared to regular coconuts, interesting fact also the white part is very very thin, no wonder they ask for the meat of 4 or 5 to make something, the taste of the meat is very subtle and you can see the oil on it, very interesting. Here a a few pictures






No comments:

Post a Comment